Are you considering dental veneers as a way to improve the look of your smile? If so, you’re not alone! Veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments available today. But before you make a decision, there are some things you need to know. In this blog post, we will discuss what veneers are, what they are made of, and how they work. We will also list and describe 5 things you need to know before getting veneers. So if you’re thinking about getting veneers, be sure to read this blog post first!
Veneers are thin, custom-made shells that are designed to cover the front surface of your teeth. They are made of porcelain or composite resin, and they are bonded to your natural teeth using a special dental adhesive. Veneers can be used to correct a wide variety of cosmetic dental concerns, including gaps between teeth, misshapen teeth, stained or discolored teeth, and chips or cracks in the teeth. Veneers are also very durable and can last for many years with proper care.
Now that we’ve answered the question “what are veneers?”, let’s move on to the next question: “what do you need to know before getting veneers?” Here are the five things you need to know:
- They are Permanent: Once veneers are placed, they cannot be removed. This is because they are bonded to your natural teeth using a strong adhesive and because your tooth enamel has been altered to allow them to fit. So if you’re considering veneers, be sure you are ready to commit to them long-term!
- They Can Be Damaged: Veneers are made of porcelain or composite resin, which means they can be damaged just like your natural teeth. Be careful not to bite your nails or chew on hard objects, as this can damage your veneers.
- They are Stain Resistant: Veneers are stain resistant because they are not porous like tooth enamel, but they are not completely immune to staining. Be sure to avoid dark-colored foods and beverages, as they can cause your veneers to become stained over time.
- You Can Go Too White: When choosing the color of your veneers, it is important to remember that you can always go too white. If you want your veneers to look natural, be sure to choose a shade that is close to your natural tooth color.
- You Don’t Need a Mouthful: You don’t need to get veneers on all of your teeth in order to achieve a beautiful, bright smile. In fact, many people choose to get veneers on just their upper teeth or just their lower teeth.
In this blog post, we’ve discussed what veneers are, what they are made of, and how they work. We’ve also listed and described five things you need to know before getting veneers. Now that you know the five things you need to know before getting veneers, you can make an informed decision about whether or not they are right for you. If you have any further questions, be sure to consult with your dentist. They will be able to help you determine if veneers are the best option for you and your smile!